Having excess fat under the chin is not a pretty sight. A double chin can make you appear older than you are and it can also make you look much heavier. You can get rid this excess fat through surgery, but for those who want a less invasive solution, there is an innovative new treatment known as Kybella.
What is Kybella?
Kybella is an efficient and less invasive way to get rid of your double chin. It is a nonsurgical procedure that can deliver results quickly.
Kybella is an injectable technique that utilizes deoxycholic acid to reduce fat in the chin area. It was approved by the FDA in 2015. The acid is injected into the skin under the chin and destroys the fat cells in that area. The treatment makes use of a synthetic version of deoxycholic acid.
Kybella Treatment Sessions
Before the Procedure
Before the procedure, your doctor may ask you to stop taking certain medications such as pain relievers. Use of some medicines can increase the risk of bruising after the treatment. Your doctor may also discuss your medical history to make sure that you are a good candidate for the treatment.
You may also advised to delay undergoing the Kybella treatment if you are pregnant or nursing. You must also inform your doctor if you are planning to undergo any other cosmetic procedure on your face. During your initial consultation, you can ask your doctor anything about the treatment to gain a better understanding of the results you can expect.
During the Procedure
To begin, the site of injection will be numbed to help ease any discomfort that may occur. The appropriate areas will be marked for injection to ensure optimal accuracy. The number of injections used will be determined during your consultation.
After the Procedure
The expected recovery time from a Kybella session is minimal. You may experience slight discomfort but this is temporary and will subside quickly. Once the treatment has started taking effect, the contours of your face will appear smoother, thinner, and more beautiful.
The Benefits of Kybella
There are several benefits of undergoing a Kybella treatment, and they are:
• Kybella is a noninvasive procedure, which means that it doesn’t require long periods of downtime for recovery. You can resume your normal routine soon after a session.
• Kybella injections consist of deoxycholic acid, which is a substance your body produces naturally. As a result, there is minimum risk of you developing an allergic reaction after a Kybella session.
• Kybella is a safe procedure. The side effects can include redness or some minor discomfort at the injection sites. These effects subside soon after the treatment. A little swelling may be the result of the fat-burning process working under your skin.
• Kybella produces long-lasting results that will further enhance how you look and feel..
• Kybella can help you look younger and slimmer.
Contact Our Office
Contact us to schedule a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Jeffrey Wagner, to learn more about the benefits of the Kybella treatment.